Adult Day Habilitation
Home Community Based Services (HCBS) Adult Day Habilitation is for developmentally/intellectually disabled consumers where we facilitate activities onsite that help promote their functional independence. We give our consumers direct and convenient access to services within the community such as Support Programs and Adult Day Services.
- Fundamental skill acquisition/development
- Utilizing etiquette skills at a restaurant
- Checking out a book at a library
- Mailing a letter
- Exchanging money for purchases
- …and other real life situations or tasks
- Retention/maintenance to assist the individual in achieving maximum self-sufficiency
- assist the individual to acquire, improve and retain the self-help, socialization and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in the community
Important: This service does not provide basic child care services. When services are provided to consumers, the ISP must:
- Clearly document that services are medically necessary to support and promote the development of independent living skills of the consumers, and are over and above those provided to a consumer without disabilities.
- Document how the service will be used to reinforce skills or lessons taught in school, therapy or other settings and neither duplicates or supplants the services provided in school, therapy or other settings.
- Clearly document the service is not supplanting the responsibilities of the primary caregiver.
- Include outcomes and action steps individualized to what the participant wishes to accomplish, learn and/or change.
The Utilization Review Committee, authorized under 9 CSR 45-2.017 has the responsibility to ensure all services authorized are necessary based on the needs of the individual and ensures that Day Habilitation services is not utilized in lieu of basic child care that would be provided to consumers without disabilities.
To enroll in this program, please fill out the form below: